It’s been a while since I’ve (frequently) posted here. Here’s a quick update on what’s been going on and what’s coming up:
- I posted a review on ‘My Brother’s Name is Jessica’ by John Boyne (2019), but literally just after posting it, I did a quick twitter search, and found a couple of threads about how transphobic it is. I pulled the post. As a cis person, I have my own personal bias, and in this case, I hadn’t analysed well enough and missed a lot of the transphobia that trans people talked about. Anyway, moral of this paragraph is I don’t know how much goes on an email, but if you get an email regarding the review, please disregard, especially if it has the actual review in it. Maybe I’ll come back and re-write/edit, but as it stands, I no longer stand by the worbs in the review.
- At the mome, and for a while, I’ve been working on a piece about my sexuality, which will become a lot more academic than initially planned, and I’m aiming to get to it properly soon. I want to do it justice.
- Another project is working on a review for The Super Switch. I did MasterChef Rants (yes, plural), but I really wanted to write about things I enjoyed from TSS.
- I’m in a 6 week challenge at the gym (a gime?) and doing my best to write a bit every day, but I’m also like, ‘Oh, I’ll write for this lil competition first,’ so most of my writing attention has been focused on other projects. RIP. But what doesn’t get accepted, that that I don’t want to use for later, will get posted here I guess.
- Work has also been hectic.
And that’s about it.
So, my apologies for not being very active lately, but you know where to find me.
Anyway, I’ll exist here again sooner or later.